BMS College of Engineering is a private autonomous institute. NIRF places the college in the top 100 engineering colleges in India. BMS College of Engineering offers 13 UG, 16 PG, and Ph.D. courses in Engineering and Management. The flagship program of the institute is the BTech program. Candidates seeking admission must score in the range of 195-19000 in the COMEDK UGET examination
The annual fee for a 4-year BTech program is INR 2.29 Lacs for candidates applying through COMEDK UGET exam scores. While, BMS College of Engineering fees for the management quota ranges from INR 9-3 Lacs per annum.
For the year 2021, a total of 1059 for the UG student and 187 job offers for the PG students have been made. Apart from this, UG and PG students have received 591 and 126 internship offers, respectively. The salary packages offered at BMSCE ranges from the highest package of INR 30 LPA to the average package of INR 4 LPA.
BMS College of Engineering Key Points:
- Research: The college till now, has filed 61 patents and published several journals through its 18 departments. In addition to this, a total of 137 Ph.D. holders and 22 M.Sc graduates have been awarded for their research work. Also, around 329 research scholars from different departments have enrolled in research centers to work in their respective fields of research.
- Collaborations: In the last 10 years, the college has signed 8 national and international MoUs with academia, industries, and research centers to promote industry and research training among students. These tie-ups are signed with National Aerospace Labs- Bangaluru, Nopo Technologies- Bengaluru, Gothenburg University- Sweden, SAII- USA, NIPER Kolkata, Image Labels Pvt. Ltd., etc., and others. Read more about BMSCE News & Articles.
- Scholarships: To support students financially, BMS College of Engineering provides them with scholarship opportunities. The college offers two scholarship schemes for its meritorious and needy students. These schemes include Government Scholarship and Huawei Scholarship for Excellence. However, a variety of options are available under Government Scholarship Schemes. Read more about BMSCE Scholarships.
- Faculty: BMSCE’s faculty teams are highly qualified and well-experienced. Around 70% of the faculty team have completed their Ph.D. in their interest-based research field. Additionally, they also have teaching experience of 5-10 years. Read more about BMSCE Faculty Details.
BMS College of Engineering Rankings
The college is ranked among the top engineering colleges and top institutes for placements by the reputed and prestigious ranking bodies. The rankings are as follows:
- Ranked 98 for B.Tech by NIRF 2021
- Ranked 197 for MBA by Indiatoday 2021
- BMSCE is ranked with the highest grade of A++ in the second cycle by the NAAC.
- Ranked 8th among top 140 Engineering Institutes in the country by the Times Engineering Institute 2019 Survey.
- Ranked 1st among the top 50 Institutes on Placements by the Times Engineering Institute 2019 Survey.
- Ranked 6th among Top 200 Private Engineering Institutes and 3rd in South Zone by the India Today-MDRA Best Colleges ranking 2019.
- Ranked at 6th position among top private Engineering Colleges in the entire country by the Week Best Engineering College Survey 2019.
BMS College of Engineering Admissions
The admissions to BMS College of Engineering is entrance-based.
- For Undergraduate programs, the admission is given on the basis of COMEDK.
- For MBA and MCA admissions, the KMAT score is required.
- For M.Tech. and M.Arch courses, PGCET scorecard is needed.
Any relaxation in academic eligibility is extended only to Karnataka candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes.
How to apply?
Applicants may collect the application form from the college’s official website. After filling the form, the candidates have to send the form along with the application fee to BMS Educational Trust, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore.
Note: Ph.D. admissions are based on the candidate’s merit in the Ph.D. Entrance Exam conducted by the college. The final selection is based on merit as well as the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying degree.
BMS College of Engineering Cutoff 2022 (Expected)
Given below is the COMEDK UGET 2021 opening ranks for the BTech program. The candidates can get an idea about the 2022 admissions from the same:
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||195|
|BE Information Science & Engineering||550|
|BE Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||632|
|BE Electronics & Communication Engineering||1209|
|BE Telecommunication Engineering||3658|
|BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||4892|
|BE Aerospace Engineering||6052|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||7868|
|BE Chemical Engineering||13612|
|BE Civil Engineering||16916|
|BE Medical Electronics||19125|
BMS College of Engineering Placements
Given below is the placements stats for the BTech program 2019-20. The total no. of students placed in the placement drive was 536 which is 8.2% more than the previous year. The total number of students placed earlier was 492. The table below shows the average and highest salary packages received by students in the 2019-20 placements:
|Branch||Highest Salary Package||Average Salary Package|
|Civil Engineering||INR 6 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Mechanical Engineering||INR 4.5 LPA||INR 4 LPA|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||INR 30 LPA||INR 7.9 LPA|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||INR 30 LPA||INR 8.2 LPA|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||INR 7.60 LPA||INR 6.08 LPA|
|Computer Science Engineering||INR 30 LPA||INR 11.50 LPA|
|Telecommunication Engineering||INR 30 LPA||INR 8.9 LPA|
|Information Science & Engineering||INR 47 LPA||INR 12.50 LPA|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||INR 9.50 LPA||INR 7 LPA|
|AI & ML||INR 7.20 LPA||INR 6.50 LPA|
|Chemical Engineering||INR 9.50 LPA||INR 6.30 LPA|
|Bio-Technology||INR 4.50 LPA||INR 4.50 LPA|
The number of job offers received by the students have increased in the past 5 years. From 1152 in 2017 to 1281 (still counting) in 2021, there has been an increase of 10.07% in the overall offers.